- Interview of Trevor Mills on Automated Milking Systems (YouTube - 16:59)
Listen to Trevor Mills, a dairy farmer from Drouin South in Victoria, explaining how he is using an automated milking system in his dairy farm.
- More from Less - the investment in robotic milking by Bev and Gary Carpenter at the 2016 DRF Symposium (MP4, 944 MB)
- Pasture based Automated Milking Systems (YouTube - 3:18)
Learn about feed management and daily routines in an Australian pasture-based robotic milking farm.
- Robotic milking systems (YouTube - 2:33)
Listen to Nicolas Lyons, development officer at NSW Department of Primary Industries, explaining the use of robotic milking systems and precision technology within the Australian Dairy Industry.
- Automatic Milking Systems - Generalities (Oct 2015) (YouTube - 33:50)
Listen to Nicholas Lyons explaining the basics of Automatic Milking Systems (AMS), its uses and applications.
- Automatic Milking Systems - Types of robots (Feb 2016) (YouTube - 34:15)
In this video, Nicholas Lyons describes the different types of robots available and its applications.
- Cow signals, robotic milking and five lactations (Oct 2016) (YouTube - 56:38)
Listen to Mr Joep Driessen from Cow Signals in the Netherlands to learn what he is doing to understand cow behaviour in a dairy farm with a focus on robotic milking technology.
- Disruptive Digital Technologies with the Power to Transform Agriculture (Mar 2017) (YouTube 52:21)
Listen to the viewpoints of Aidan Connolly, Alltech Chief Innovation Officer, about technologies with the potential to disrupt the agriculture and food production.
- Precision Dairy Technologies - Opportunities and challenges (Apr 2016) (YouTube - 54:38)
Listen to Dr Jeffrey Bewley, from the University of Kentucky in US discussing precision dairy technologies, its opportunities and challenges.
- Success factors for Robotic Milking on North American Dairies (Jun 2016) (YouTube 1:04:39)
In this video Mr Jack Rodenburg from Dairylogix in Ontario (Canada) discusses priorities in health, feeding and breeding as well as accomodating robot related cow behaviour in facilities design and management.
- Technologies on Australian and New Zealand dairy farms (Jul 2016) (YouTube - 24:54)
In this video Nicholas Lyons shared results from surveys on current and future technology adoption on dairy farms carried out in Australia and New Zealand.
- The potential benefits of cow activity monitoring for herd health and reproduction (May 2017)(YouTube 58:42)
Listen to veterinarian Carl Hockey discussing the practical applications of adopting cow activity monitoring devices.
- Turning data into action: How are dairy farmers getting value from cow production data? (June 2017) (YouTube 41:40)
Dr Jo Newton, researcher scientist in Dairy Genetics for Agriculture Victoria, explains how having access to data on milk yield, components and somatic cell count for every cow in the milking herd can get translated into outcomes on farm.